We are looking for an enthusiastic EMEA Customs Specialist / Zollbeauftragter (m/f/d) at our European headquarter in Mainz-Mombach, Germany. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team in a fast-paced and high growth business.
As EMEA Customs Specialist you will report directly to the Operations Director EMEA and work closely together with various internal and external interfaces. This offers a great opportunity to work cross functional and gain valuable insight and a network across the whole company.
You will be responsible for outbound and inbound customs processes and the key person who drives and supports various activities to ensure a state of the customs process.
We are looking for somebody with experience with international customs, preferably within the outdoor industry, who has a passion for bikes and helping people.
Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- The Customs Specialist will be responsible for all import and export customs processes and is the key person who drives and supports various activities to ensure a state of the art customs process
- Ensure a robust and legally compliant outbound and inbound customs process in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders including authorities (AEO licences, assembly licences EU Commission)
- The application and monitoring of customs licences
- Contact person for future customs audits and all relevant audits concerning
- Supervision of tariff classification and classification of goods and technologies and maintaining this data in the ERP system
- Coordination and monitoring of export control issues (embargo provisions, lists of goods, personnel control, processing of hit lists from sanctions list screening, use control, etc.)
- Compilation of various customs statistics for external stakeholders including authorities
- Drive problem solving concerning overarching customs and foreign trade issues and provide sustainable solutions
- Set up all systems and processes to optimize customs and import duties, reduce risks associated with customs matters considering local specifics
- Build a strong relationship and close collaboration with customs authorities and internal stakeholders
- Support Logistics Outbound activities including dispatch and transport
- Conduct customs trainings and promotion across the company, if necessary
Competencies and Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of customs experience specific to processes and regulations, preferably in the bike or outdoor industry
- Successfully completed degree in business administration, logistics or a similar field of study or education
- Profound knowledge in Logistics and supply chain
- Strong operational and technical skills in the field of Customs
- Thorough knowledge of origin and value provisions, customs laws and regulations, and other export documents both internationally and nationally
- Proven experience in drafting electronic transport declarations and declarations for importing and exporting (including experience with preferential arrangements)
- Attention to detail, including the ability to predict and circumvent issues before they occur and taking the proper corrective action
- Willingness to take ownership and to transfer improvement ideas into reality
- Team player with analytic problem-solving skills and a high customer focus
- Proficient in German and English verbally and in writing
- Expert in professionally communicating clearly and concisely with 3rd party logistics partner and internal departments
- Ability to self-manage time and prioritize tasks successfully
- Experience creating professional relationships and providing excellent customer service to clients
- Ability to give presentations / updates on the outbound logistics processes and issues
- Ability to work professionally with coworkers in a collaborative and open environment
- Ability to proactive problem solve and suggest recommendations for improvement
What we offer you:
- A great team
- We remunerate you in line with the market
- You are part of a growing industry
- Opportunity to work in a relaxed environment and are surrounded by passionate cyclists
Who we are:
We are Santa Cruz and Cervelo, two of the most exciting brands in the cycling industry, who tend to do things differently. We have over 25 years of experience in cycling and our ultimate goal is to consistently build the best bikes in the world while having fun doing it! We have recently established our new European headquarters in Mainz-Mombach and are currently in the process of relocating all our operations to this site as well.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume in English.
By clicking Submit Application, you consent to allow Santa Cruz Bicycles to store and process the personal information supplied above for recruiting and employment review purposes