The EMEA Human Resources (HR) Manager will be responsible for all things Human Resources in Germany, Austria, Benelux, France and part of the UK. You will function as solo HR until the EMEA Santa Cruz & Cervelo Team grows large enough to lead a small HR team. This position is ideally suited to someone who has experience working in an international business environment, is operationally focused with a confident, experienced, and operational approach to support the HR strategic plan. You will report to the EMEA Market Development Director.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual otherwise qualified must be able to perform each overall duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, additional qualifications, and/or ability required.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Recruiting & On-Boarding
- Facilitate and support key initiatives and projects with the recruiting team, senior leadership and hiring partners
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with management and key cross-functional stakeholders internally or externally (e.g. Legal, Finance, PM, Facilities, Payroll, etc.)
- Define, design and implement recruiting programs and search engagements for a variety of roles; this includes understanding and mapping the talent landscape, internal calibration and referrals, and matching those data points with the external talent supply
- Partner with Santa Cruz Bicycles (SCB) Recruiting Supervisor and/or external Headhunters to develop a detailed profile of target candidates with data-driven advice on the range of logical possibilities based on company culture requirements
- Recruitment of employees through fair, inclusive & professional selection methods and the provision of induction & career support to give people the best possible start and time with Santa Cruz Bicycles and Cervelo
- Work collaboratively with the EMEA Market Development Director, Country Managers and other EMEA Leadership Team members to establish the future organization requirements to support growth
- Understand the cultural differences across the various European markets
- Form relationships with European Country Managers, as well as, with the EMEA Marketing and Sales Directors
- Pro-actively collaborate with the Country Managers, other EMEA LT and USA LT members to identify hiring criteria ensuring consistent hiring across each market.
Legal & Administration
- Ability to write employment contracts or manage an attorney/consultant to write employment contracts for Germany, Austria, France, Benelux, and the UK
- Create and maintain all HR administrative documentation for all new hires including tax forms, cell phone reimbursement, vehicle allowances, etc.
- Coordinate with Payroll Resources to ensure correct and accurate remunerations for each region
- Collaborate closely with an offshore HR operation to ensure policies and procedures sufficiently support the process design for day to day activities and HR system implementation
- Use your knowledge of Germany, Austria, France, Benelux, and the UK employment laws to create employment contracts and ensure the company is adhering to all necessary policies
- Partner with Management and USA HR to effectively roll out and communicate HR policies and procedures
- Ability to occasionally travel to Germany, Austria, France, Benelux, and the UK
- Work in conjunction with the International HR Team uniting in the HR strategy and support when required in various projects
- Responsible for consulting USA HR Director on employee relations issues that may arise in order to determine the correct course of action
- Provide coaching, guidance, and conflict management resolution best practices to EMEA staff and managers: encourage creative contributions and innovative solutions
- Support the Santa Cruz Bicycles and Cervelo culture which is inclusive, fair and positive, people can lead and are led effectively, opportunities are open to all, change is well managed and everyone is valued for their contribution
- Assist with the design of European policies and processes, particularly around Employee Relations and generalist/transactional work
Long Term Project – 2021 – 2023:
- Working with USA HR Director and assist with the creation of an HR team in our German Factory location and transition over HR responsibilities to the new HR Manager and Team
- Work with local unions in Germany to establish work rules and regulations
- Through best practices, derive a structure to identify key talent, development needs and mechanism for delivery. Look to benchmark key talent in the organization, identifying where our focus should be placed. Know the stars and where they are and work with the relevant leaders to have a talent development plan and timeline.
- Identify gaps and deliver plans to address the following:
- Development of people skill-set
- Succession planning
- Cultural challenges
Competencies and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience with recruiting and talent acquisition
- Excellent attention to detail
- Employment law experience in Germany, Austria, France, Benelux, and the UK
- Ability to write and understand employment contracts for Germany, Austria, France, BLX and the UK
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and experience working with matrixed teams
- Experience working within a fast-paced, multi-site, multi-country organization
- Fluent in English with strong communication skills both verbal and written in English
- Self-motivated and able to work responsibly with little direct supervision and instruction (where necessary)
- Willingness to understand our business model and the industry’s competitive landscape
- Friendly, flexible and representative of the company culture
- Passion for cycling would be a distinct advantage
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is quiet.
Education and/or Experience: 5+ years of HR related experience. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, or an equivalent amount of work experience in Human Resources, Talent Acquisition and Employee Relations.
Why work here: Santa Cruz and Cervelo offer a relaxed working environment, and the opportunity to work with a group of bike enthusiasts in great inspiring places. Our goals are to create the best mountain bikes & road bikes on the planet, and have a good time doing it. Benefits include helping to make your new bike a reality, great health coverage, and major discounts on bike gear.